Wednesday, May 11, 2011

mapping: where we've been


The reactions I received from this critique were great. The class was very perceptive of the symbols and ideas I intended for them to catch. They were dead on when they were figuring out what The piece was about. After my painting critique which went pretty much in the same direction  I was quite excited to show this one- which was/is a variation of the original painting. I feel like this drawing was charged with energy and meaning and it got across what I needed to say in a more subtle way. When I first walked in with it I was a bit nervous because I didn't feel that it was as good as some of the other work from the class. That reason is why this critique had such a positive impact- I was so relieved the class didn't make any comments that confirmed how I already felt; that I was inadequate in comparison to the rest of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment